Tuesday, April 7, 2009

technology reading

The articles that I read were all really good and informative in the importance of intranet safety. I read for my 4th article a talk from President Hinckley, "An ensign to the nation, a light to the world." What I really liked about this article was the fact that it addressed the fact that there is a huge problem and concern with the media world that we live in today, but we don't need to fear. We know what we need to do and we know who can help us along the way. We can be an ensign to those that don't understand the importance of the evils that can occur in the media.
As I read and watched a lot of this material, I realized how easy it was to get into trouble. I always knew that we have to be really careful, but I didn't realize how accessible things are. I think as a teacher/parent it is really important that we show how media can be used in a good way instead of shunning its use at all. We live in a technology world and we need to be aware of its uses so we can function. I think that some of the most beneficial information we have is how we can avoid hurting ourselves and others with the use of technology and it is so important that we know the steps that can be taken so that we can teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment