Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First week in the schools

Being in the schools has been such a good learning experience. I am in the third grade at East Meadows in Spanish Fork and I love it. I never thought that I would like that grade, but it is really fun. I have actually been really suprised with how little technology is used. I guess I expected a lot more. I say this with care because there is still lots of it being used, but not as much in the instructional aspect of teaching, which is where I expected most of it to be.
A lot of the testing is done on computers now, which is new to me. My class goes to what they call "Keyboard chatter" where they learn basic typing skills. My teacher has only used the projector once and the overhead twice.
The students love the computers though and they are getting more and more comfortable with them. With the testing moving toward computers more and more, the teachers are spending more time allowing the students to be on them to get them more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment