Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Technology in the classroom

In my classroom, I don't feel like I have a ton of resources, but I do have one thing in mind that I am excited for. I am teaching the students in 3rd grade how to categorize information. So i have created a power point presentation that will give them lots of different items that they have to organize into categories. I think it will be really fun for them to one, visualize the objects and two to have a change of scenery from just the white board. When my mentor teacher does use the projector, the students seem to be a lot more interested in the information that is being presented.
I think it would be fun to have the students create their own power point, but they haven't learned that yet. I have found that they love to be on the computers and they learn pretty well from them.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds like a good idea - given the resources that you have.

    ReplyDelete