Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kidspiration

Kidspiration was one of the technologies that I explored. I really liked it because there were a ton of different options for different things. I thought it would be especially good for the younger ages because it was so simple and basic. It had tools on it that would be nice to have for all the students but sometimes isn't possible. It gives the students the opportunity to work on their own but still makes learning fun. Some specific things that I really liked that I thought would be really beneficial for younger elementary students was that math section. I feel like sometimes math can be very repetitive and routine for students. Knowing that that is how we learn concepts, I think that Kidspiration could really step in and bring a different type of learning to the table. Especially with the world moving to a new age of technology, it is important that kids get a hold on both concepts.
Overall, I think that it is just a great tool that can make the learning process different and fun for all types of learners.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    We are happy to know that you are exploring Kidspiration!

    If you would like to look at Kidspiration ideas, lesson plans or examples, please do not hesitate to contact us, or visit our website.

    You may be interested to know that we have three complimentary Kidspiration webcasts that are archived and available for viewing at: http://www.inspiration.com/Educators/Events#Webcasts.

    Thank you again!
    Molly O'Hara
    Inspiration Software

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good program because it is easily adaptable for all ages. And I think that making math more interactive would be helpful as well!

    ReplyDelete